Breath & Movement Practices
for Your Mind-Body-Self
A two-part course with Betsy Polatin
The world may feel chaotic right now. The economy is fragile, the environment is at risk, and violence in the news is much more common than it has ever been. For everyone, and especially highly emotional and sensitive people, this can cause a great deal of stress in the mind and body.
Join breathing and movement specialist Betsy Polatin to learn the ‘Humanual’ breathing and movement practices that have the potential to calm your mind, body, and nervous system in these turbulent times.
- Watch the recorded sessions
- Download and listen to the audio
- Explore at your own pace
- Access additional resources
- View in your personal SAND library
Watch with Membership
- This course, along with 50+ courses on trauma, spirituality, science, and social impact
- Over 12 years of SAND conference talks and interviews
- Discounts on all SAND events
- Members-only community space
In this course,
- Discover or review the practices that were presented in SAND’s retreats with Dr. Gabor Maté
- Uncover how the respiratory, nervous, and musculoskeletal systems are all connected
- Practice several simple exercises and techniques to ground yourself for when you’re feeling overwhelmed or close to burning out
Betsy Polatin, MFA, SEP, an internationally recognized breathing/movement specialist and best- selling author, has been teaching for 45 years. Her unique and intuitive perspectives are greatly influenced by the study of movement, breath, and trauma, as well as the teachings of spiritual and meditation masters. She speaks at conferences around the world.
As a well-known educator, she’s had numerous articles published in the Huffington Post, and is the author of The Actor’s Secret and Humanual.