Dream and Sleep Yoga
A Three-Part Course with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
We sleep one-third of our lifetime, an average of twenty to twenty five years. Centuries ago, Tibetan yogis developed spiritual practices that use dream and sleep as a spiritual path.
Dream yoga is a practice that spans every moment, waking and sleeping. Indeed, the practice of dream yoga is a powerful tool of awakening, used for hundreds of years by the great masters of the Tibetan traditions. Foundational practices, done during the day, change the practitioner’s relationship to all experiences, developing conscious awareness and realizing the dream-like nature of life, and leading to lucidity in dreams which are then used for higher spiritual practices. Unlike in the Western psychological approach to dreams, the ultimate goal of Tibetan dream yoga is the recognition of the nature of mind or enlightenment itself.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, author of the Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep (Snow Lion Publishers), will discuss the relationships between dream and waking, and dream and death.
- Watch the recorded sessions
- Download and listen to the audio recording of the modules
- Explore the modules at your own pace
- Access to additional materials and resources
- Access to the course as part of your personal SAND library
Watch with Membership
- This course, along with 50+ courses on trauma, spirituality, science, and social impact
- Over 12 years of SAND conference talks and interviews
- Discounts on all SAND events
- Members-only community space
Topics will include:
- Allowing the mind to fully relax
- Managing thoughts in meditation
- New approaches to letting go
- Dissolving the ego-mind
- Opening to the heart
- Savoring the stillness of Being
- Loving your true Self