A four-part course with Peter Russell
For thousands of years, spiritual traditions have taught meditation as a way to settle the mind and awaken to the inner peace and love that are our true nature.
Yet many people find meditation tedious and difficult, a never-ending struggle to quiet the mind or focus the attention. This has led to the popular misconception that meditation requires great discipline and years of practice.
From a lifetime of teaching meditation, Peter Russell has developed practices that allow people to settle into meditation easily and quickly.
He shows how the mind in its natural, unperturbed, state is already at ease. Nothing needs to be “done” to find inner peace. Nothing needs to be changed or eliminated. The key is to give up all trying and effort.
In this unique four-part meditation series, we will discover for ourselves the inner peace and freedom that all the great teachings have spoken of.
Each meeting starts with a short talk and a guided meditation, followed by a recording of Q&A and group discussion.
The course is suitable for both beginners and experienced meditators.
- Watch the recorded sessions
- Download and listen to the audio
- Explore at your own pace
- Access additional resources
- View in your personal SAND library
Watch with Membership
- This course, along with 50+ courses on trauma, spirituality, science, and social impact
- Over 12 years of SAND conference talks and interviews
- Discounts on all SAND events
- Members-only community space
- Allowing your mind to fully relax
- How to manage thoughts in meditation
- Meditation as a way to relieve stress and mental fatigue
- The natural state of being
- New approaches to letting go
- Mindfulness of subtler levels of experience
- Recognizing the true self
- Dissolving the ego-mind
- Opening to the heart
- Savoring the stillness of Being
- Loving your true Self
- Applying these approaches for greater contentment and joy in daily life