A four-part course with Peter Russell
If you let go a lot, you have a lot of peace,
If you let go completely, you have complete peace.”
Does it surprise you to hear that meditation can be enjoyable? Perhaps you’ve been discouraged because it seems takes a lot of effort and discipline? Or find it a chore, a never-ending struggle to quiet the mind and focus the attention?
Peter Russell shows how meditation not only can be enjoyable, but should be so. From a lifetime of teaching meditation, he’s developed ways to help the mind to settle down easily and quickly. The key is to give up all trying and effort. When we do, we find meditation can be something we delight in and look forward to.
Peter takes a straightforward approach to meditation that encourages the mind to relax. As it begins to settle down, we find ourselves more in the present moment, not caught up in distracting thoughts and emotional reactions. We feel more content and at ease. And the more we slow down, the more aware we become of an ever-present inner quietness. We can begin to savor the stillness of our own Being, our authentic self.
The course will take you from the basic practice of meditation to some of the more advanced techniques that Peter has been teaching in recent years. We will also learn how to bring the ease, joy, and clarity of mind that we experience in meditation back into our daily lives.
These webinars will also be an opportunity to discuss with Peter his work on consciousness and the nature of spiritual awakening, and how to put into practice the ideas in his recent book, Letting Go of Nothing: Relax Your Mind and Discover the Wonder of Your True Nature.
Each session will start with a talk and a guided meditation, followed by Q&A and group discussion. They will be suitable for both beginners and experienced meditators.
- Watch the recorded sessions
- Download and listen to the audio
- Explore the modules at your own pace
- Access to additional materials and resources
- Access to the course as part of your personal SAND library
Watch with Membership
- This course, along with 50+ courses on trauma, spirituality, science, and social impact
- Over 12 years of SAND conference talks and interviews
- Discounts on all SAND events
- Members-only community space
- Allowing the mind to fully relax
- Managing thoughts in meditation
- New approaches to letting go
- Dissolving the ego-mind
- Opening to the heart
- Savoring the stillness of Being
- Loving your true Self
Rather Than a Chore