in Community and in Ourselves
A Community Gathering with Eriel Tchekwie Deranger
We invite you to join Eriel Tchekwie Deranger, the Executive Director of Indigenous Climate Action for a donation-based community conversation, facilitated by Zaya & Maurizio Benazzo.
We will examine the beliefs and worldviews that have brought us the current climate crisis. We will explore some of the differences between the indigenous and modern ways to be in relationship to ourselves, and to life.
We will discuss:
- What does the current climate crisis reveal to us that we haven’t wanted to see?
- What is the indigenous cosmology?
- What are the indigenous ways of seeing and meeting this crisis?
- What do those with western minds and ways need to unlearn?
- What is the role of healing trauma and mending relationships at this juncture?
- What is the “right relationship” with the Earth, and with life?