Racism and The Self
A three-part inquiry into white privilege, racism and trauma with
Caverly Morgan, Victoria Santos, Sará King, and Orlando Villarraga
We inquire into individual and collective racial conditioning and internalized systemic oppression. We begin by reckoning with our own shadows and unconscious bias which we have inherited from our cultures, our families and possibly even from some of our spiritual teachings and practices.
In this series we explore:
- The true meaning of diversity in unity, equity and solidarity
- The origins and extent of our own unconscious bias
- Experiences outside of our own that can provide new perspectives
- Staying present with an open heart when we feel uncomfortable, defensive and challenged
- How to act in solidarity to our brothers and sisters who are black, indigenous or people of color
- How to build communities based on equity and inclusion
Let’s inquire and walk this path together with humility and open hearts. May this work permeate our lives, our communities, and the world along with our deepest realizations of unity.