Radiant Intimacy 2018
A four-day experiential workshop 1440 Multiversity, 800 Bethany Drive
“The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along. ”~ Rumi
We all long for love. We long to be intimately connected to others and ourselves. We all want to be seen and known as we are. For some, a partnership or marriage is the natural outcome of this longing. Others find alternative styles of intimacy more fulfilling. For many of us, love and sexuality can be complex and confusing.
Radiant Intimacy is an emerging field of exploration, bringing awareness to the topics of relationship, sexuality and love. We will explore radiant intimacy through the lenses of neuroscience, integral psychotherapy, attachment theory and the Tantric and Advaita spiritual traditions.
Through carefully crafted exercises, keynote lectures, targeted workshops, potent meditations, you will engage the concept of radiant intimacy, and how to express and integrate into daily living. We will explore:
- What can we learn from neuroscience about love?
- How do our attachment styles impact our relationships?
- How can we create deeply fulfilling relationships with life, with another and with ourselves?
- What are the shadow elements within a relationship?
- How does early developmental trauma impact our capacity for relating?
- How can our sexuality open us to the experience of our true nature and of unity consciousness?
- How is self-knowledge reflected in our relationships?
This four-day experiential workshop is designed to expand our understanding and experience of intimacy, while giving us tools to create deeply fulfilling relationships. Through carefully crafted exercises and potent meditations, we will taste expanded aliveness and intimate attunement.
Workshop facilitators: Esther Perel, Michaela Boehm, Steve James, Lorin Roche, Camille Maurine, Sasha Cobra, Justin R. Garcia and Amanda N. Gesselman.
Our home for the retreat will be the 1440 located in the beautiful redwoods near Santa Cruz, CA https://1440.org/