Trauma and the Unbound Body
A three-part course with Judith Blackstone
In this three-part course, you will learn how to access an aspect of yourself that has never been hurt, that cannot be broken, and that can help you free yourself from the physical constraints and emotional wounds of trauma. Through the gentle, innovative practices of the Realization Process, you will be able to reclaim your innate wholeness, and know yourself as the basis of nonduality: a fundamental ground of consciousness, pervading your body and your environment as a unity.
Fundamental consciousness is experienced as the deepest contact that you can have with yourself and with other people. Knowing yourself as this subtle, unified consciousness can help you develop sensory and emotional resilience, grounding, self- possession, and self-acceptance. It can also resolve difficulties with attachment and boundaries, by helping you experience oneness with other people without losing inward contact with yourself.
Judith teaches the main Realization Process practices, and their application to psychological and relational healing, and the release of trauma-based constrictions from the body.
This class teaches practices for embodiment, direct perception, grounding, and the realization of fundamental consciousness. As we inhabit our body fully, we regain our ability to be authentic, spontaneous and creative. We recover the innate functions of our being that we may have suppressed in reaction to trauma, such as our love, sexuality, power, and intelligence.
Duration: 1 hours, 26 minutes
This class teaches practices for contacting and living within the vertical subtle core of our body. This is the basis of our deepest perspective on our own thoughts and emotions, and on the world around us. It enables us to feel centered and in contact with ourselves in the midst of any circumstance.
Judith describes how we constrict and fragment ourselves in reaction to traumatic events and overwhelming sensory and emotional stimulation, especially as children. She teaches the Realization Process release technique that utilizes fundamental consciousness and the subtle core of the body to release the exact pathways of trauma-based constrictions from our body.
Duration: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Watch the recorded sessions
- Download and listen to the audio
- Explore at your own pace
- Access additional resources
- View in your personal SAND library
Watch with Membership
- This course, along with 50+ courses on trauma, spirituality, science, and social impact
- Over 12 years of SAND conference talks and interviews
- Discounts on all SAND events
- Members-only community space
- Attune directly to fundamental consciousness pervading your body and environment.
- Live within your body and the subtle vertical core of your body.
- Deepen contact with yourself and other people.
- Apply fundamental consciousness and the subtle core of the body to healing from trauma.
Trauma and the Unbound Body
of Fundamental Consciousness