A three-part course with Mirabai Starr
We allow ourselves to acknowledge our weariness, our sorrow for the pain of the world, the ways that life has weighed upon us. We lay our burdens down in a safe, contained space, drawing on teachings & rituals from Buddhism, Judaism, and indigenous wisdom. We find sanctuary and refill our cup.
Duration: 1 hours, 30 minutes
Having taken refuge, we cultivate the strength, fearlessness, and creative energy to step up and discover and express what is ours to do in this world. We grapple with the “Reluctant Prophet” syndrome and engage in Tikkun Olam, the “repair of the world.” Luminous exemplars of loving service, such as Teresa of Avila and the bodhisattvas of compassion, light our path.
We immerse ourselves in the ecstatic poetry of the love-mystics across the spiritual traditions, opening to both the fire of longing and the bliss of union. We explore the connection between human heartbreak and yearning for God, how grief can be a portal to connection. We rekindle our passion for the Beloved.
Duration: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Watch the recorded sessions
- Download and listen to the audio
- Explore at your own pace
- Access additional resources
- View in your personal SAND library
Watch with Membership
- This course, along with 50+ courses on trauma, spirituality, science, and social impact
- Over 12 years of SAND conference talks and interviews
- Discounts on all SAND events
- Members-only community space
A tapestry of:
- Evocative passages of prose and mystical poetry
- Mirabai’s reflections on the teachings of the mystics
- Contemplative Practice
- Inter-spiritual chanting
- Writing Prompts
- Small and full group dialog
- Rituals from multiple traditions