Before a videoconference:
1. You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with speaker or headphones. You will have the opportunity to check your audio immediately upon joining a meeting.
2. You will receive a link from SAND to “register on Zoom.” This simply means to sign in to Zoom to access the meeting. Once you sign in to Zoom you will receive an message with a link to “Join via computer” as well as phone numbers for a phone call option. You can also join a meeting by opening Zoom and typing in the 9-digit Meeting ID.
To join the videoconference:
At the start time of your meeting, click on the link in your invitation to join via computer. You may be instructed to download the Zoom application if you have not used it before.
You may also join a meeting without clicking on the invitation link by going to join.zoom.us on any browser and entering the Meeting ID provided by SAND.
You will have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join with computer audio.”
If you wish to ask the presenter a question:
Unless instructed otherwise, please click the “raise hand” icon and wait until your name is called. The host will unmute you so that you can speak.
If you wish to ask the moderator a question:
Please type your question in the Chat window. Be sure to direct your question to the moderator privately and not to the whole group.
Participant controls in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen:
Using the icons in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen, you can:
- Mute/Unmute your microphone (far left)
- Turn on/off camera (“Start/Stop Video”)
- Invite other participants
- View Participant list – opens a pop-out screen that includes a “Raise Hand” icon that you may use to raise a virtual hand
- Change your screen name that is seen in the participant list and video window
- Share your screen
Somewhere on your Zoom screen you will also see a choice to toggle between “speaker” and “gallery” view. “Speaker view” shows the active speaker. “Gallery view” tiles all of the meeting participants.
Having difficulty? Please visit our Webinar FAQ
Please direct any further questions to [email protected]