Thank you for Being a Part of SAND Online Programs
Before a videoconference:
- You will need a computer and headphones with a mic (even just earbuds with mic will do).
- Please join the meeting 15 minutes before the designated public start time.
- You will need the link that was sent to you by the SAND team to “register on Zoom.” This simply means to sign in to Zoom to access the meeting. Once you sign in to Zoom you will receive an message with a link to the meeting. It will also include the 9-digit (usually) Meeting ID.
To join the videoconference:
- At the start time of your meeting, click on the link in your invitation to join via computer. You may be instructed to download the Zoom application if you have not used it before.
- You have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join audio by computer.”
- You may also join a meeting without clicking on the invitation link by going to join.zoom.us on any browser and entering the Meeting ID provided by SAND.
Once you are in the videoconference:
- Once you have joined the meeting, you will be brought into the Waiting Room. The SAND host will bring you into the meeting itself.
- Please open your Chat window by clicking on the Chat icon at the bottom of the screen so that we can communicate there. Also, please open the Participant list (the icon is at the bottom of the screen).
- When the participants enter they will be muted. When it’s time for the Q&A session, the host will manage the order of the questions and will mute/unmute the participants as needed.
In Zoom, there are two possible views:
- Gallery View: Shows all the participants in equal size frames.
- Speaker View: Shows the speaker in a large frame, and some of the other participants in smaller frames.
You can switch between views by clicking on the small icon at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Using the icons in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen, you can:
- Mute/Unmute your microphone (far left)
- Turn on/off camera (“Start/Stop Video”)
- Invite other participants
- Open the Chat Box
- View the participant list—opens a pop-out screen that includes a “Raise Hand” icon that you may use to raise a virtual hand
- Change your screen name that is seen in the participant list and video window
- Share your screen
- If the meeting involves sending participants into breakout rooms, the host will initiate the breakout sessions at the desired time.
- If the participants are in breakout rooms and you “send an announcement to everyone,” the participants will be able to see your message, but if they respond to “everyone” you will NOT receive their reply.
- Participants may leave their breakout room and return to the main room at any time.
- The host will be the time keeper.
Thank you and we look forward to our meeting with you!