A nine-part Q&A series
In 2022 Dr. Gabor Maté with the SAND team went on The Wisdom of Trauma film European tour. We held workshops and lectures in various cities. All the events were fully sold out. We have compiled and edited the recordings of these live conversations and organized the talks in 9 distinct categories to help you navigate this rich content.
Many of our afflictions, mental illnesses, and physical diseases stem from trauma. Trauma directly affects our nervous system and leaves us stuck in defense and reactivity. It compromises our capacity to be present, open, loving — it prevents us from being our authentic selves.
- Do you recognize cycles of pain in your life?
- Do you often feel disconnected from your authentic self?
- Do you know a better life is possible, and do you still have questions on how to get there?
… then this series may be for you. It is meant for parents, therapists, teachers, healers, anyone who has experienced adversity, or is simply seeking to understand how trauma shapes our lives.
These sessions were recorded live in front of an audience. The sound quality is a little uneven from venue to venue. We have added English subtitles to help understand the audio.
Your choice of
3 x $33 or
- Watch the sessions
- Download and listen to the audio
- Explore at your own pace
- Access additional resources
- View in your personal SAND library
- Beliefs : How do our beliefs keep us stuck?
- Children : How to create authentic relationships with our children?
- Emotions : Exploring the story behind your feelings
- Healing : Is it possible to heal individually in the midst of collective trauma?
- Parents : Modern-day challenges for parents in a peer-oriented world
- Psychedelics : What are the healing properties of different psychedelics?
- Psychosomatics : Understanding the true meaning of illness
- Society : Uncovering the Myth of Normal
- Trauma : Understanding the wounds within us
Gabor Maté, M.D. is a renowned speaker, and bestselling author who is is highly sought after for his expertise on a range of topics including addiction, stress and childhood development. Rather than offering quick-fix solutions to these complex issues, Dr. Maté weaves together scientific research, case histories, and his own insights and experience to present a broad perspective that enlightens and empowers people to promote their own healing and that of those around them. After 20 years of family practice and palliative care experience, Dr. Maté worked for over a decade in Vancouver’s Downtown East Side with patients challenged by drug addiction and mental illness. His book on addiction received the Hubert Evans Prize for literary non-fiction. For his groundbreaking medical work and writing he has been awarded the Order of Canada, his country’s highest civilian distinction, and the Civic Merit Award from his hometown, Vancouver. His next book, Hello Again: A Fresh Start for Parents and Their Adult Children is expected in 2025. Gabor is also the creator of a psychotherapeutic approach, Compassionate Inquiry, now studied by thousands of therapists, physicians, counselors, and others in over 80 countries.